In order to get all your OBD2 monitors for your GM (Chevy, Buick, Cadillac, GMC, Pontiac, Oldsmobile) vehicle ready, please perform the following steps:
- Start the vehicle from a cold start. The time to do this is if you have not driven the vehicle for a few hours and the engine coolant temperature is less than 50 degrees F.
- Let the engine run on idle. Turn the A/C and rear defroster on. You are trying to apply electrical load to the system.
- Accelerate to 55 mph.
- Hold a steady speed of 55 mph for 3 minutes
- let go of the accelerator and coast until the vehicle hits 20mph. Don’t apply brakes to slow down.
- Accelerate again until 60 mph.
- Hold steady for 5 minutes at 60mph for 5 minutes.
- Decellerate (coast to slow down).
- You may need to repeat steps 3-8 a few times if the battery was disconnected recently.